Install on Windows
Installation instructions are given for the XAMPP default install environment only. WAMPP will also work if you prefer it. The steps will be a little different.
You need to run MariaDB 10 and PHP 7.2, if there are various XAMPP options available, get the one with these package versions!!
- Click the Windows start button and type
enter. This will open the XAMPP control panel.
- On the right side of Apache and MySQL, click
startfor each one.
ONLY start the Apache and MySql services. You do NOT need any of the other services.
- Stop the apache service (lower right corner, right click XAMPP, stop apache)
- Start the apache service
The current default directory name for the OpenCATS files is OpenCATS-0.9.6. This will result in the web address in your browser being http://localhost/OpenCATS-0.9.6
If you want to rename the main OpenCATS directory to something else, you can do it now.
- Simply navigate to
- Right click on the OpenCATS directory
- Rename the directory whatever you want (example: ATS)
If phpmyadmin does not load in this screen, stop and start your apache service again per the instructions above.
- On the left side, click
newto create a new database
- In the box labelled
NOTE: The default encoding for new databases in MariaDB is latin-1 which will have problems with non-english characters. If you will encounter any non-english characters, please create your databases and select UTF-8 encoding and collation; CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATION utf8_general_ci;
You should now see “opencats” listed among the databases on the left.
- Click the opencats database
- In the top row of tabs, on the right side of the screen, click
add user account
- User name, make sure
use text fieldis selected, in the empty box next to it type
- Host name: In the first box, select
localfrom the drop-down options. The second box should say
- Type opencats for the database password twice
- In the “database for user account section”, confirm that the third checkbox
Grant all privileges on database "opencats"is checked.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click